The Alkali-Silica Reaction (ASR) causes expansion and cracking in concrete. This can result in structural problems in concrete infrastructure that can limit the infrastructure's service life and also generate high maintenance costs. CSHub research seeks to better understand the reaction and its mechanisms, which is key to determining solutions that will prolong the life of concrete infrastructure.
Related Research Briefs
- Mechanical Properties of Alkali Silica Gels (August 2017)
- Atomistic Modeling of ASR Gel (August 2017)
- Two-Phase Model of Pavement Fracture (June 2016)
- Bottom-up Modeling of ASR in Concrete (March 2016)
- Investigating a Big Dam Concrete Problem (MIT News, September 2017)