Creep, the gradual structural deformation in concrete under a load, it is known to impact on the durability of concrete structures. CSHub researchers are working to better understand what causes creep starting at the nano-scale.
- Toward Understanding Cement Paste Creep (January 2017)
- Holding It Together - C-S-H Cohesion (December 2011)
- Predicting CSH Aging (March 2013)
- Riddle of cement's structure is finally solved (February 2016)
- International Conference on Creep, Shrinkage and Durability Mechanics of Concrete and Concrete Structures (2013)
- Cao, P., Short, M.P., and Yip, S. "Understanding the mechanisms of amorphous creep through molecular simulation," PNAS, December 26, 2017, vol. 114 no. 52.
- Short, M. and Yip, S., "Multiscale materials modelling at the mesoscale," Nature Materials, Volume 12, September 2013
- Vandamme, M.; Ulm, F.J., "Nanoindentation investigation of creep properties of calcium silicate hydrates," Cement and Concrete Research, Volume 52, Pages 38-52, 2013